Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Look Back and Laugh - S/T #1 (2006)


Originally, I planned on posting this record much later in my blogs life. However, a dream I had this morning has had LBAL on my mind all day. It may have been the best dream I have ever had, for that matter. Basically, there was this block party/festival going on in my neighborhood that turned out to be very similar to an event like Chaos in Tejas. Look Back and Laugh was scheduled to play this fest of sorts, and, in true festival fashion, secret shows were consipiratized. So, in my dream, Look Back and Laugh reunited on my street, and played the most perfect set ever. While you people were busy having dreams about existentialism, world peace, or puppies, I was basking in true hardcore punk bliss. It was glorious.

To say something about this record, it is perfect. The musicianship in this single record alone is awe inspiring, talent not matched by another band of the genre. There is a reason why they are one of my favorites.

Tracks:
  1. This is the Cost We Absorb
  2. Midwest Train Wreck
  3. Blinders
  4. Hooked
  5. Hawks
  6. Smear Campaign
  7. Run Silent Run Deep
  8. Slogans
  9. Charred Flock
  10. Exhaust Filled Damnation
  11. Blank Compliance
  12. Martyrs
  13. Caste System
  14. Truth and Error
Only slogans will prevail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment