Thursday, April 28, 2011

Swervedriver - Mezcal Head (1993)


Let's talk about the idea, or act, of being disappointed. Now the dictionary states that the state of being disappointed is "to defeat the fulfillment of (hopes, plans, etc.)". Synonymous with a feeling of unbridled defeat or even an utter lack of accomplishment. Exciting, right? Everyone goes through this feeling on, for the most part, a day by day basis. It rains, and somewhere, someone, with flawless bangs gets their hair ruined. Hence, disappointment. Or how about a child doesn't exactly get that the square block doesn't fit through the circular opening, and seeing as how said child is 12 years of age, the parent may be disappointed. There is really a myriad of examples, but I wanted to pick my favorites. Well folks, today, I reached that depth, the emotional drain of being disappointed. At My job, we were promised Sultan's Market to be catered for lunch due to what most companies would call an employee appreciation day, or week for my job. Low and behold, said promise was not kept, and around 9 a.m., word had spread like the black plague through a medieval peasant town. My hopes of filling my belly with the finest of falafel snacks was crushed into oblivion, and with it, disappointment set in. Never have I ever felt so betrayed, so lost, so..............wait, I feel as though this is turning into a mediocre hardcore song. I shall stop here by just saying, "Team Member Appreciation Week" my ass. Jerks.

Anyway, here is a record by British Shoegaze/90's Alt-Rock wonders, Swervedriver. Enjoy.

Tracks:
  1. For Seeking Heat
  2. Duel
  3. Blowin' Cool
  4. MM Abduction
  5. Last Train to Satinsville
  6. Harry & Maggie
  7. A Change is Gonna Come
  8. Girl on a Motorbike
  9. Duress
  10. You Find it Everywhere
Zoltar's Soup.

2 comments:

DigMeOut said...

Check out a podcast review of Swervedriver's Mezcal Head at digmeoutpodcast.com, a weekly podcast dedicated to reviewing lost and forgotten rock of the 90s.

mf76 said...

Thanks!

Post a Comment